Friday, May 4, 2007

Never take mornings that are off to a good start for granted...

Yesterday morning before work, BEFORE coffee, two passing drivers yelled at me.

The first time it happened I was driving through an intersection in Venice, the light was green, and an old bearded hippy in a crusty car sees me talking on my cell (the only time I get a hold of my MOM is in that hour before work). He obscenely screams outta his window, "GET OFF YOUR F#$@*#* PHONE, ASSHOLE!!!" And I heard a scream yet again as we were pleasantly parting ways, but quite unfortunately, it faded into the early morning air.... "Geeeettt offff yourrrr phoonnne, aaasssssshhhooooolllle...!"

Anyhoot, as shaken and stirred as I was, I brought my conversation with my lovely mom to a prompt conclusion, parked the car, and crossed the street to grab a cup of that Groundworks coffee I needed so very dearly. Then, armed with coffee, happy, I looked both ways before crossing back over that street to get to the car. And I looked both ways. I did. Yet out of NOWHERE, this woman in a hatchback does that serial-honk thing at me, flips me off, and yells, "F#%$#%&* BITCH WATCH IT!!!" However, her windows were up, so although I didn't actually hear the kind greeting, I'm a fantastic lip-reader. I know a blasphemous outcry when I see one.

I mouthed back an apology (still defuddled as to why), waved her on, and drove into work. So commenced my Thursday day.

No comments: